Monday, May 17, 2010

In My Daughters Eyes

I was feeling a bit emotional this evening after having finished registering Kitty for school and decided to look at the pictures we took at the park today. As I looked through the pics and became teary, the perfect song came on. A mixture of sobs and laughter is how I have spent this evening thinking back over the last few years with my beautiful daughters. I am so thankful for my precious girl and so heartbroken at how fast the time is going. In two months my little Katherine turns 4 and in four and a half months my baby Diadamia turns 2. It is such a blessing and such a heart break. I am so thankful every day for my babies. I am so thankful for them and hope that Heavenly Father sends many more beautiful little spirits to our home to love and watch grow. They are the best blessing anyone could hope for...I see who I want to be, in my daughters eyes.



In my daughter's eyes, I am a hero.
I am strong an' wise,
And I know no fear.
But the truth is plain to see:
She was sent to rescue me,
I see who I wanna be, in my daughter's eyes.

In my daughter's eyes, everyone is equal,
Darkness turns to light,
And the world is at peace.
This miracle God gave to me,
Gives me strength when I am weak.
I find reason to believe, in my daughter's eyes.

An' when she wraps her hand around my finger,
Oh, it puts a smile in my heart.
Everything becomes a little clearer.
I realise what life is all about.
It's hangin' on when your heart has had enough;
It's givin' more when you feel like givin' up.
I've seen the light: it's in my daughter's eyes.

In my daughter's eyes, I can see the future.
A reflection of who I am,
An' what will be.
An' though she'll grow an', some day, leave:
Maybe raise a family,
When I'm gone, I hope you'll see,
How happy she made me,
For I'll be there, in my daughter's eyes.

Martina McBride-In My Daughter's Eyes

1 comment:

The Keele's said...

They are getting so big! I swear Mia looks so grown up compared to when we saw her in March! I'm sure this is so helping you feel better, huh? LoL I know what you mean though- my last post sounded a lot like this :) DON'T GROW UP KIDS!!!