Monday, December 15, 2008

Please Be Safe......

As we all know, this time of year can be a crazy one. While some of us are busy enjoying the birth of Christ and spending time with loved ones, there are those out there that would do us harm. Just a few evenings ago Ryan and I with our two girls came home to find a man had broken the back door in and was in the middle of helping himself to our belongings. The situation was horrifying and the fact that he is still out there scares me near to death. He got into a car that had been parked outside off and on for two weeks. It turns out that he was watching us and the people that live around here. Not only did he trash my home that I have worked so hard over the last few weeks to make perfect but he has taken away my comfort and feeling of safety. Every sound I hear at night scares me and I now sleep from 9am-noon. Through all of this I am so thankful to my Mom, Tony, Heather, Ukiah, and Kevin for helping me to get through this horrible thing that has happened. Most importantly I am thankful for my husband Ryan. He was able to keep from doing something stupid and irrational like attacking him and risk getting hurt or killed and still scared the guy and got him out of our home without any of our belongings. Had something happened to Ryan I would have been devistated! Unfortunately this is nowhere near the worst thing to happen to me in my life but for some reason I am taking it much harder than anything. Ryan has been such an uplifting and strong support for me. I am always so strong but I seem to be sinking in this situation. So to all of you that I cherish and love just please be careful this holiday season!

No comments: